Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24

Ok, here I am at day 41 of my food & activity blog. I'm heavier than I was when I started, but I **think** that's muscle. Maybe. Oh who am I trying to kid - I seem to be stuck in a 3 days on, 5 days off exercise routine. I eat crap, and lots of it. I walk everywhere, but am a very lazy person. I really hoped having this blog up for all the world to see would help me with my accountability. And it has, sort of. I rarely binge on 4 bags of candy at a time anymore, for fear that a reader would call me out on it. But I haven't started a diet plan. I haven't stuck with my exercise routine. I'm not eating any healthier. I've joined several online groups and challenges, but I'm not really following along.

Bah. Mopey and discouraged today. I like eating. I love food. Chocolate is right up there next to air on my "Must Have" list.

But if I don't get motivated, I'm really gonna hate myself in the morning.

I've been meaning to put up my current supper meal plan, so I can someday get around to doing a project I've been looking forward to: determining the nutritional information and finding non-dairy and gluten free alternatives to what I'm currently using. We do a 5 week rotating schedule and head out for groceries Saturday mornings. This makes supper time with the boys running around like headless chickens, and me being so tired from another sugar crash, easier to manage. Each week runs Saturday - Friday. With a few exceptions, everything is made from scratch.

1.
Steak & pirogies & salad
Fish cakes & sweet potato fries
Tofu veggie stir fry
Lasagna
Porklets & vermicile noodles
Moroccan Stew
Meat loaf & mashed potatoes

2.
Burgers & fries & salad
BBQ Chicken & pasta salad
Sausage with rice or rotini
Sweet potato burritos
Salmon & rice
Roast pork, veggies
Sweet and sour pork on rice

3.
Spaghetti
Beef Hash
Pizza
Haddock & rice
Roast chicken, veggies, rice
Chicken soup & biscuits
Baked beans OR chili

4.
EXPERIMENTAL MEAL NIGHT (or order in)
Risotto
Roast beef with root veggies
Fajitas
Fettuccine alfredo (tofu)
Shepard's pie
Fish sticks & sweet potato fries

5.
Black bean burgers & sweet potato fries
Chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Meatballs & rice
Mac n cheese
Lentils & rice
Fish chowder & biscuits
Tomato garlic pork chops & butter noodles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Todays foodies:
-corn flakes with soy milk, 1/2 banana, yogurt
-5 chocolate granola bars
-lg coffee with choc soy milk
-Sushi: 4 pc Ko Doraku Roll (tempura shrimp, avocado, spicy sauce), 3 pc california roll, 1 pc sweet potato tempura roll, ginger salad, extra nori & rice the boys didn't eat
-Crunchie chocolate bar
-1.5 yogurt tubes
-meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts
-choc-soy pudding with blueberries
-1 gl white wine
-apple

Plus side:
Walked downtown: 4 km (wearing Felix)

Minus side:
wine, granola bars... alternated between uncomfortably full & bloated and starving all day long.

No comments: