Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't eat me!


This is sitting on my counter. It's not healthy in the least. Ok, maybe in the least. It's something similar to what my mom made when we were kids. We hate them, because she never used enough butter or marshmallows to make them good. They were crunchy and often stale since we wouldn't eat them. She would also leave out ingredients in cookies or burn them just a touch when baking. Stopped us from devouring them all at once, I guess. Smart lady, my mama!

I didn't actually measure, so these might be too sticky, too messy. Oh dear! Whatever will I do??! *drool*

Chocolate Puffed Wheat Squares

1/4 cup butter
2/3 bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Approx 4 cups dry puffed wheat cereal

Melt butter in heavy pot on stove. Add marshmallows and chocolate. Stir until all melted and combined. Remove from heat, stir in cereal. Press into greased pan to cool, or, like I tried today, just pat flat into the same pot. (You'll want to sit the pot in cold water to cool it down faster.) Cut into squares. Or scoop out and eat with your fingers if too soft!

Yep, pretty much the rice crispies recipe, but you can delude yourself into thinking it's healthier this way - use organic puffed wheat with no added sugar or anything. Tasty!




I should probably also confess I haven't been to the gym in nearly 2 weeks. I miss it, but I don't have the time. *cough cough*

No comments: