Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday supper

Made this yesterday afternoon, since I was working late and hubby was picking up the boys from daycare tonight. I try to be all wifey and have supper ready for them when they stumble in. Next time I make this soup, I'll not put the tortellini in as early... it was a bit overcooked and absorbed SO MUCH of the soup. This was really saucy, as opposed to soupy. But delicious! And boy-approved.


Sausage Tortellini Soup
(slightly modified from the 2-serving version in the September 2010 issue of Canadian Family)

1 pkg breakfast sausage
4 carrots, peeled & chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cups broth (I used Epicure's chicken bouillon base)
1 pkg tortellini noodles 
1/2 cup pasta sauce (I used a pepper/sausage blend)
salt & pepper to taste

Slide the sausages out of their casings and pan fry into small rounds until cooked through. Bring remaining ingredients, except for pasta, to a low boil until veggies are tender. Add pasta and allow to boil for 2-3 minutes before removing from heat. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. 

No comments: