Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3

Ahhh, so I started the 30-Day Shred yesterday. I ordered the DVD a week ago and it hasn't arrived yet, but I found it on YouTube (in 9 parts) and decided to get a head start. I'm enjoying it. Of course, trying to do ab work on the floor when a 1 year old is dive bombing your head while cackling hysterically and trying to give you open-mouthed kisses or trying to do leg work with the same 1 year old is hanging onto you for dear life (again with the cackling, it's a fun game!) adds another challenge to the work out. Oh - and it was especially enjoyable when he sat on my head with a poopy diaper. *le sigh* I should also mention that when Felix isn't doing those things, he's messing with the computer - clicking the mouse, opening and closing browser windows, calibrating the system preferences... fun times!

I've done level 1 twice now. It's a 20 minute work out, broke down into 2-3 minute segments: warm up, cardio, abs, circuit, resistence, etc. I'm really enjoying it! I'm surprisingly out of breath and sore afterwards, so it must be working. The plan is to do level 1 for 10 days, then move on to level 2 for 10 days, then finally level 3 for 10 days. Not sure what to do after the 30 days to maintain my new hot bod...

Ok, on to today's foodies
-1 cupcake
-small bowl cheerios with blueberries, yogurt & soymilk
-2 medium blueberry pancakes with aunt jemima syrup
-coffee with cream
-10ish yellow plums
-1 pint blueberries
-1 ham & turkey tortilla wrap with cheese & avocado
-Starbucks Chai Latte
-Starbucks date & oat muffin
-3 handfuls of raisins (sorry Jay)
-2 handfuls of goldfish crackers
-mac & cheese
-cheese & ham stuffed chicken breast
-half a bag (1 lb?) baby carrots
-lots of water
-handful of cheerios & baby crackers

Plus side:
Walk down town & back, wearing Felix on the return trip (4.5 km), 30 Day Shred Level 1

Minus side:
-Portion control!!!

No comments: