Friday, February 5, 2010

Moan and groan


Today started out ok - oatmeal with blueberries. I had a decent enough lunch: bean quesadillas with tomato, carrot and goat's cheese. With sour cream and fresh guacamole for dipping. Then I raided dear hubby's chocolate supply. Yummilicious! Supper came mostly out of a box: processed fish cakes (lots of sugar, salt) and homemade sweet potato and carrot fries with curry dip.

I'm tired. It's possible I have a thyroid problem - routine bloodwork came back with low levels. This would explain the extreme tiredness lately, and a few other weird symptoms I've been having. but it could also be I'm pushing myself too hard.

We'll see.

I'll try to stay on track and keep up with my updates.

Today's creation: Pumpkin Currant muffins


2 eggs
2 cups spelt flour
2 cups pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup oil
splash of vanilla
handful of currants
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix

Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments: