Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 18th Groceries



So, we're trying to go meatless. For a variety of reasons: health, budget, food with faces... it's something we've been leaning towards for a while now. We're not banning meat, but will be consciously trying to eat it less. Got a fantabulous vegetarian dish? I'd love to hear from you!

This week, we'll be having some old favourites, but also sampling a few newbies:
Sweet Potato Chili
Curried Cauliflower Stew

This afternoon, I was inspired by yet another Smitten Kitchen recipe and just had to make her Apple and Cheddar Scones. They turned out very rich... and highly DELICIOUS!

Nom nom nom!

2 comments:

ines said...

I LOVE Smitten Kitchen! I was eyeing this today and think that I will try it out tomorrow. Glad to hear you had success with it. For some vegetarian options have you ever checked out the website http://www.101cookbooks.com/
She has lots of great recipes, ideas etc. sometimes I find that her ingredients aren't something we normally have on hand (probably because we aren't vegetarians) but all in all definitely worth checking out.

Rainyday said...

Thanks Ines - it's all due to you that I found Smitten Kitchen. Many, many thanks!