Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 18th Groceries

So, we're trying to go meatless. For a variety of reasons: health, budget, food with faces... it's something we've been leaning towards for a while now. We're not banning meat, but will be consciously trying to eat it less. Got a fantabulous vegetarian dish? I'd love to hear from you!

This week, we'll be having some old favourites, but also sampling a few newbies:
Sweet Potato Chili
Curried Cauliflower Stew

This afternoon, I was inspired by yet another Smitten Kitchen recipe and just had to make her Apple and Cheddar Scones. They turned out very rich... and highly DELICIOUS!

Nom nom nom!


ines said...

I LOVE Smitten Kitchen! I was eyeing this today and think that I will try it out tomorrow. Glad to hear you had success with it. For some vegetarian options have you ever checked out the website
She has lots of great recipes, ideas etc. sometimes I find that her ingredients aren't something we normally have on hand (probably because we aren't vegetarians) but all in all definitely worth checking out.

Rainyday said...

Thanks Ines - it's all due to you that I found Smitten Kitchen. Many, many thanks!