Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21

Seriously, I need to do something about what I'm eating! I'm glad I started blogging my food diary - it's a great start. Lets me see what I've been eating and where I need to make changes. It also makes me think twice - sometimes thrice - about what I'm about to eat, and has me watching calories and fat content a bit more closely. So it's a start.

I need to avoid raisins. I love them, but they do not agree with me. Such foul gas afterwards - my poor husband. There, I admitted that on the Internet. Such a lady I am! I also should do some sort of colon cleanse. Something to clean out all the fermented sugar that I know is hanging out in my gut causing all this bloat. I seriously look pregnant. Other people gain weight in a normal fashion - I gain it in my tummy. Oh, my thighs, butt and arms have definitely seen better days, and my hips & ribcage haven't yet shrunk down after they spread asunder while I grew two humans in such a short span of time. I'm imagining some sort of vacuum sealing device that could suck all the extra air out of me?? I'm certain I would go down at least 3 pants' sizes. I haven't yet done my measurements, but I think my waist is around 40"... YIKES!

I'm still breastfeeding, so I know my body will retain a layer of fat for that, about 5-10 lbs worth. (Lovingly referred to as "maternal fat stores" in all the pregnancy books.) Along with that fat, my boobs probably weigh another 10 lbs total, more when they are full of milk. Oh joy!

Dear reader, aren't you glad you clicked on this blog??!

Moving on to my dailies...

Food:

-Special K cereal with plain yogurt, soy milk & raisins
-large coffee with choc soy milk
-6? nectarines
-1 cup-ish goldfish crackers
-2/3 bag of miniature marshmallows
-quesadilla made with gr. beef, red & green pepper, lots of cheddar cheese, tomato, & taco seasoning. Served with sour cream.
-lots of water (yay!)
-All-Bran honey nut cereal bar
-watermelon
-2 bowls of crockpot chili with rice (black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, corn, hot dogs, spices, pizza sauce)
-hot chocolate with a splash of Baileys Irish Cream
-apple

Plus side:
Slow walk to pick up Elliot from daycare (<2 km)

Minus side:
Too much sugar, again! 2/3 bag of mini marshmallows - seriously? Gah!


Ah well... tomorrow is another day. Exercise class in the morning, weekly weigh-in tomorrow night. Fun times!

No comments: