Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12th



Breakfast, 9am
lg coffee with almond milk
2 pc biscotti
lg bowl oatmeal with chopped apple, cinnamon & almond milk

Snack, 10am
2 cups green tea

Lunch, 12pm
Lg bowl leftover Indian Curry Stew
3 ryvita crackers
Blue corn chips

Snack, 2pm
3 pc biscotti
coffee with almond milk

Supper, 6pm
Mock-lasagna
3/4 apple
handful baby carrots
1/2 tsp chocolate frozen yogurt



The rest of the family was having lasagna for supper tonight. I wanted something of a similar theme, so I started adding and substituting. I took a layer of vegetable noodles, a layer of browned ground beef with a whole chopped tomato (sautéed in olive oil & garlic), a layer of cheese: 1/4 cup lasagna style cottage cheese (2g sugars) and some goat's cheddar. Topped everything with another layer of noodles. The results were yummy, but I think next time I'd add more tomato and forgo the goat's cheddar - it's got too sharp a taste and reminds me of baby vomit. Yum!



I was still hankering for something sweet, so I decided to try a recipe a friend sent me a few days ago: Blueberry Cobbler! The results? I think Jay got 4 bites.

Blueberry Cobbler (*half recipe)

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup almond milk
splash of vanilla extract
1 cup berries

Melt butter and pour into pie plate. Mix milk & vanilla together then add to flour & baking powder; pour mixture on top of butter. Arrange berries on top and bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!

No comments: