Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 13th

Breakfast, 7:30
4 pc spelt toast with margarine
lg coffee with almond milk

Snack, 10am
Pumpkin muffin

Lunch, 11:30
Rest of last night's mock-lasagna

Snack, 1pm
lg coffee with some almond milk and some regular milk

Snack, 3pm
3 ryvita crackers with goat's cheese
pumpkin muffin

Snack, 5pm
pumpkin muffin


Nothing fancy about tonight's supper, folks. I knew tonight was going to be busy, so before I left this morning, I fried up some chicken, using Braggs soy sauce and some Thai spice, then put some basamati rice and baby carrots in the rice steamer. When I got home, I tossed everything back into a frying pan with more soy sauce. It was very tasty! I drizzled the boys' with a bit of Greek salad dressing, but it was perfect on it's own.


I paired it with a side salad. The fanciest thing about this dish was the salad dressing. I made a simple lemon and oil mixture: about 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 TBSP oil, and a pinch of Lemon Dill spice.


I topped everything off with fresh guacamole & blue corn chips: 1 avocado and 1/2 tsp chopped garlic, mashed together with a fork. This is one of Elliot's favourite snacks!

Supper 5:30
Chicken with rice & carrots
Salad with lemon dressing
1-avocado guacamole & corn chips

No comments: