Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14th

First off - oh my FRACK! I stepped on the scale this morning, and I still don't quite believe the number: 155 lbs. Unclothed. That's a 5 lb loss in a WEEK! Granted, last week had extra water retention happening due to PMS or the moon shifting into Venus or something, and I was clothed when I weighed myself, but still.... I'm in shock. Now, imagine what that number would be if I were actually working out??? Get on it, girl!


Breakfast, 7:30
lg coffee with almond milk
pumpkin muffin
gluten & sugar free granola with almond milk

Snack, 10
several handfuls sunflower seeds
1/2 apple

Lunch, 11:30
Left over chicken & rice
2 pc spelt toast margarine & goat cheese

Snack, 2pm
4 pc ryvita crackers with almond butter
chocolate hazelnut tea with almond milk

Supper, 5:30
2 servings Rockin' Moroccan Stew with rice and added lentils
lots and lots of blueberry cobbler

Rockin' Moroccan Stew

2Tsp Olive Oil
1 Cup chopped onions
1/2 Cup each: diced celery and chopped green bell pepper
1 Clove garlic, minced
3 cups of vegetable broth
3 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
1 Can (19oz) tomatoes, drained and cut up
1 Can (19oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tsp grated ginger root
1 tsp each ground cumin, curry powder, ground coriander and chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup raisins *optional (I never add them - they swell up like bugs.)
2 tbsp each: light peanut butter and chopped fresh cilantro *optional (I often omit these.)

Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, green-pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 mins. Add all remaining ingredients, except raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20mins. Stir in raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot. Yummy over basamati rice.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

5 lbs! Holy frigin' awesome!! You're a brave girl for cutting out sugar. I need to try and limit my intake. You're recipes are starting to work on me though so that's a good thing. Great JOB!!