Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 15

I've started yet another blog! I wanted a place to house all my recipes, so I could refer back to them quickly and easily while blogging, since many of my foods repeat themselves. Right now, it's a bit of a mishmash, but as I cycle through our weekly meal plans, I'll be posting more info and photos.

Breakfast, 7am
lg coffee with almond milk
steel cut oatmeal with chopped apples, cinnamon & almond milk

Snack, 10:30
3 ryvita crackers
decaf coffee with soy milk
'Breakfast biscuit' - egg & bready concoction from Perks. No idea on volume of dairy/sugar/wheat content

Lunch, 2pm
Rockin' Moroccan Stew

Snack, 3pm
1/2 apple
2 tsp almond butter

Snack, 4pm
oatmeal with apple/cinnamon/almond milk

Supper, 6pm
1 scrambled egg with almond milk

Snack, 6:30-8
9 cookies (EEP!) - I made up a recipe and was VERY pleased with the results!


Almond Coconut cookies

1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup oats
1 1/4 cup spelt flour
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup almond milk, approx

Mix first 5 ingredients in bowl. Add flour, oats and coconut. Mix well, adding milk slowly until desired consistency is reached. Drop by spoon onto prepared baking sheet. (I prefer a parchment lined sheet). Bake at 325 for approx 25 minutes. Cookies will be slightly crisp on the outside and chewy inside.

No comments: