Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29th

Ugh - here I come around again. I don't want to keep up this meal plan. The candida regime is kicking my butt and I'm tired. I miss my old foods. The ease of them. The comfort. The last 4 days have not been good - a steady decline into my old ways. Sure, they'd start off good enough and with the best intentions. But by the end of the day, I'd be polishing off at least 2 cups worth of chocolate frozen yogurt. Or raisins. Or half a box of After Eight mints.

Yes, tomorrow is another day. I can try again. Today I made a yummy batch of lemon coconut blueberry muffins. I ate 2 at breakfast and another 3 throughout my work day. Then another 2 after supper. I'm trying to save the remaining ones for work tomorrow - they're easy, portable snacks. We'll see how that goes.

I work in close proximity to a Starbucks. Mmmmm, how I love thee, Starbucks. I've not had my standard *drool* mocha since before I started the Candida Diet back in mid-November... I've been getting their tea, but it's just not the same. I'm a week into my 'no-coffee' kick. Is there anything left to take away? All my favourites are blacklisted.

Ok - positives: I love how I feel when I'm not eating sugar. I sleep better. I have more energy. I'm happier, less cranky. My nails are growing so strong and fast! I'm a better mom and wife. I'm losing weight. I'm re-learning (ok, that's a stretch) self-discipline. Still... all good things and excellent reasons not to quit.

Of course it's totally worth it to keep all this up. I just don't want to. But maybe that's the After Eight's talking.

Lemon Coconut Blueberry Muffins

2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp lemon extract and/or fresh lemon zest
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup blueberries

Mix well, bake in muffin tins at 350 for 30 minutes. Makes 12.
Enjoy!

No comments: