Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8th

Thanks to a friend and reader, I've discovered a blog by someone following a similar meal plan. It's pretty good reading and there are lots of neat recipes. Some are a bit adventurous for me but others are already high on my 'must try' list. I've decided to add a bit more information to my so-called food diary and start including some of my own recipes. Fun times!

Breakfast
4 pc yeast-free spelt toast with margarine
lg coffee with almond milk

Snack/lunch 11-2
6+ carrot corn muffins. (I couldn't stop myself, they were really yummy!)
Lentil soup
2 cups chocolate tea with almond milk
Almonds


Basic Corn & Carrot muffins
1 cup corn meal
1 cup spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
grated carrot, to taste

spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
enjoy!


Supper, 5:30
-Greek chickpea salad
-2 pc spelt toast with margarine
-handful of raisins.
(Gah! Of all the thing I cheat with, it has to be these little sugar bombs, huh?!)

Link
Greek Chickpea Salad
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
1/2 half cucumber, sliced into quarters
Approx 1 cup cherry tomatoes
Sliced goat's feta cheese, to taste
Splash of olive oil - maybe 2 TBSP or to taste
Dribble of apple cider vinegar - maybe 1 tsp or to taste
Sprinkling of spices: I use Epicure's Lemon Dilly Dip mix (dill, garlic, lemon, pepper)

Mix well. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

yay for pictures and recipes!!